Moodle programme sites are a permanent presence for all students enrolled on a programme code (or a number of codes). These sites are used to provide a range of non-module specific items that are relevant to the programme as a whole (see foot of the page). Programme sites are not created automatically but the school quality team can update the SITS-CRS record.
The My Programme block appears at the top of each student’s Moodle dashboard, and provides the following information:
- a link to their programme site (if available) otherwise the programme title is displayed.
- a link to their programme handbook PDF titled as Your programme information, otherwise this is blank if no PDF is available.
- their programme leader as defined in SITS. Programmes leader/codes can be found by searching the catalogue and any errors should be reported to the school office.
- their personal development tutor as defined in SITS, otherwise the statement “No personal development tutor has been found. Please check with your Programme Leader for info about your personal development tutor”.
- the programme representative if there is one, otherwise the statement ‘no reps found’ with a link to the ENSA website.
It is common for programme codes to be joined (crosslisted) with other codes into a common Moodle course (coded XL) and this can be done by the school office. Examples include joining FT and PT programme codes or an entire programme suite, and this has the advantage of reaching a large number of students. Note that student’s MyProgramme block will always display their SITS programme title but will link to a crosslisted programme site.
Suggested Items for a Moodle programme site