The Moodle Assignment is a flexible tool for coursework submission and also incorporates a range of marking and feedback options which are described in this page. The following points should be noted when considering Moodle Assignment as a route for eSubmission of coursework:
- Originality checking is not supported directly.
- Group submissions and feedback is supported.
- Accepts any file format less than 2Gb in size including multiple files ‘zipped’ into a single file.
- Accepts video file submissions and Mahara ePortfolio pages due to Moodle’s integration with these University servers.
- Feedback and grading options include scored rubrics and grading forms, video feedback, annotations overlaid on submissions, and attached files (eg. submissions annotated with Word comments), as well as options to allocate markers and to track marking stages.
The official Moodle video below gives a brief overview of setting up an assignment, and these detailed descriptions of each setting is provided on the official Moodle site. The University Staff Guidelines provide hints and tips to help you set up, download and process student coursework submissions.