I started here at Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) in Feb 2022 . I will be based at the Merchiston Campus providing Learning Technology support to the School of Computing (SOC), School of Creative Arts and Creative Industries (SACI) and the School of Engineering and the Built Environment (SEBE).
Before Edinburgh Napier I was a Learning Technologist at the University of Nottingham (UoN), London Metropolitan University (LMU) and at the University of Westminster (UoW).
I’m here to support you all in the use of technology which serves to enhance digital and blended learning.
- In the recent past my priority has been to enable staff to effectively transition from face-to-face to teaching online.
- I have a good understanding of Moodle, Edinburgh Napier’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- I’m keen to promote the effective use of Audience Response Tools (ART) which serve to increase learning and student engagement during learning activities at the same time allowing staff to gauge levels of understanding among the student audience and encourage feedback.
- I enjoy working with staff including academics to promote and support the effective use of digital and blended tools for accessibility and inclusion. At LMU we were one of the first UK universities to use Ally being software that automatically generates a range of more accessible alternatives to original course documents that reside in the VLE making these available to all students in the course.
- In the past I’ve worked with JISC to build a fit for purpose service that enables staff and students to establish digital capability and access support mechanisms including resources and links to relevant in-house courses.
email : email@example.com
In person: room LA18, Merchiston Campus