It can be both an exciting and a daunting time in your life… starting university! Perhaps you are moving to a new city or accommodation and feeling a whirlwind of different emotions.
University offers you a specific area of study to help pursue your career goals as well as everyday life independence and networking.
Here are some tips below to plan your next steps:
· Talk to friends, family, and colleagues about any concerns or tips for starting university.
· Pack essentials: kitchen accessories and utensils, food, laundry basket, bedding, stationery, laptop, and any other technological devices.
· Start a group on Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to get to know your flat or course mates! There is also a freshers page on Instagram you can join for 2021 you can keep up to date with https://www.instagram.com/napierfreshers/?hl=en
· You may also want to think about joining a society and finding people who have the same interests as you: https://www.napierstudents.com/
· Discount!? UNiDAYS and Student Beans offer discount on food, clothing and more. You can find this via the links: https://www.myunidays.com/GB/en-GB https://www.studentbeans.com/uk
Remember you have got this and you can always contact Napier for support too! https://www.napier.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us
You can find more help on starting at university in the link below: https://www.napier.ac.uk/study-with-us/undergraduate/getting-started-at-uni