Our Craiglockhart Campus is home to the Business School. The land and buildings at the campus have a recorded history going back more than 700 years. Blending the old and the new, the Lindsay Stewart lecture theatre sits alongside the original building.
During the First World War, The building was taken over by the Government as a military hospital for the treatment of shell-shocked officers. It was during this time of the Craiglockhart War Hospital that some of Wilfred Owen (1893-1918) and Siegfried Sassoon’s (1886-1967) greatest war poetry was inspired and written. During their stay, their poems appeared in the magazine of the hospital, The Hydra.
Our special collection, the War Poets Collection, is on display at Craiglockhart Campus. The Collection comprises of more than 800 items, including signed first edition books, volumes of poetry by Sassoon and Owen and three original issues of The Hydra, the hospital’s magazine.