The ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme 2019 Call is now open. The deadline for applications is 12 noon Friday 30 August 2019. If you have a project idea and industry contact and are thinking of applying please contact Dr Sharon McGettrick, RIO (email@example.com) right away.
- £200k is available to support at least 6 studentships with individual grants of up to £30k.
- A defining characteristic of the programme is strong industry engagement where companies are co-investors, support project specification and engage with the research directly.
- Projects must support the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, as detailed in the application form.
See attached application form for full details. ETP Energy Studentships 2019 – Application
The PhD proposals should relate to one of the six strategic aims of the Scottish Energy Strategy – The Future of Energy in Scotland:
- Consumer Engagement and Protection
- Champion Scotland’s Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Potential
- Improve the Energy Efficiency of Scotland’s Homes, Buildings, Industrial Processes and Manufacturing
- Support Oil and Gas Industry Strengths
- Maintain Secure, Resilient and Flexible Energy Supplies
- Empower Communities by Supporting Innovative Local Energy Systems and NetworksIn addition, the following areas are of particular interest in 2019/20:
- Off gas grid low carbon heat solutions
- Industrial energy efficiency
- Decentralised energy that offer a systems solution to transport, heat and electricity needs for the benefit of consumers
- Innovative energy and low carbon technologies.These can include technological, numerical, environmental, legislative, economic, and policy aspects.