6th Annual Electric Vehicle Event – Thursday 8th October 2020
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we plan to run this year’s event virtually. More details will follow in due course.
We are delighted to welcome Michael Matheson, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity who will give the keynote address.
‘A ban on selling new petrol, diesel or hybrid cars in the UK will be brought forward from 2040 to 2035 at the latest’ is the latest UK government plan. People will only be able to buy electric (EV) or hydrogen cars and vans, once the ban comes into effect. This change comes after recognition that year 2040 would be too late if the UK wants to achieve its target of emitting virtually zero carbon by 2050. The announcement comes as the world prepares for the UN-led COP26 summit to be hosted in Glasgow this November.
We are looking to address the following areas of interest:
• Scottish Government led national policy issues
• Local government led inducements
• Required grid-based electricity charging capacity
• Local renewable energy generation
• EV users’ perspective
• Available EV stock
• Research regarding positive and negative impacts of EV production and use