SAVE THE DATE!
TRI’s 6th Annual Electric Vehicle Event is taking place on Thursday 8th October 2020 at Edinburgh Napier University’s Craiglockhart Campus.
Michael Matheson, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity has confirmed that he will give the keynote address.
‘A ban on selling new petrol, diesel or hybrid cars in the UK will be brought forward from 2040 to 2035 at the latest’ is the latest UK government plan. People will only be able to buy electric (EV) or hydrogen cars and vans, once the ban comes into effect. This change comes after recognition that year 2040 would be too late if the UK wants to achieve its target of emitting virtually zero carbon by 2050. The announcement comes as the world prepares for the UN-led COP26 summit to be hosted in Glasgow this November.
The following areas of interest and intrigue will be addressed:
• Scottish Government led national policy issues
• Local government led inducements
• Required grid-based electricity charging capacity
• Local renewable energy generation
• EV users’ perspective
• Available EV stock
• Research regarding positive and negative impacts of EV production and use
Leave a Reply