Registration is now open for our Park4SUMP online event on Wednesday 18th May (9.30am-1pm).
The Park4SUMP project is about using parking management as a measure within Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) in order to make SUMPs more effective in reaching their objectives. It includes 16 cities from around Europe, some very advanced in what they do in parking management, others just starting out. One of its objectives is to build the capacity of local and other transport authorities in their ability to use parking management as part of SUMP. To do this, the project is organising a number of training events around Europe, including in Scotland. The main objectives of the training event in Scotland are to focus in on some specific experiences of improving parking management from project partner cities and elsewhere, related to some key issues:
- Converting parking space to public space, on-street.
- Dealing with footway parking, with a particular focus on public consultation.
- Improving enforcement technology.
- EV parking for charging, including its impacts on public space.
- The Scottish perspective on these issues.
More information can be found here.
Please register here.