Professor Achille Fonzone, Dr Grigorios Fountas and Torran Semple, our former M.Eng student and current research assistant, have a new publication in the Journal of Transport and Health: ‘Trips for outdoor exercise at different stages of the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland.’ This study focuses specifically on the outdoor exercise trips of Scottish residents at several distinct points of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Outdoor exercise trips of residents in Scotland were statistically analysed.
- Lockdown and restriction easing periods during the COVID-19 pandemic were considered.
- We estimated random parameter ordered probit models using extensive survey data.
- Socioeconomic and demographic factors influence trip rates of outdoor exercise.
- Transport equity issues are found associated with lower trip rates for outdoor exercise.