A new paper ‘An exploratory empirical analysis of willingness to hire and pay for flying taxis and shared flying car services’ which Dr Grigorios Fountas has co-authored, has been published in the Journal of Air Transport Management.
This study aims to provide an exploratory analysis of public willingness to hire and pay for flying taxis and shared flying car services.
- Flying taxi and shared flying car services are anticipated to emerge soon.
- Public willingness to hire and pay for these services is statistically investigated.
- An online survey was conducted to capture public preferences.
- Correlated grouped random parameter bivariate probit models were estimated.
- Sociodemographic and perceptual traits are found to affect willingness to hire and pay.
The paper can be downloaded here.
Flying cars have attracted significant interest in the UK recently. There was an interesting article on the BBC about flying cars and their potential to change the way we travel. The article can be viewed here.
Leave a Reply