Edinburgh Napier University will be holding its 5th Annual Electric Vehicle Event at our Craiglockhart Campus (Rivers Suite and Chapel) in Edinburgh on Wednesday 9th October. Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity has confirmed that he will give the keynote address.
We have confirmed speakers from:
- Andy Robinson, Head of ULEV delivery, Transport Scotland
- Magnus Lindgren, Senior Advisor at the Swedish Transport Administration and Deputy Head of Electric Road Program, Trafikverket, Sweden who will speak about the electric road programme
- Energy Saving Trust on the e-bike grant fund scheme
- James McKemey, Head of Insights, PodPoint, the UK’s leading provider of electric vehicle charging
- Dr Jonathan Cowie on the SURFLOGH project
- Colin Cochrane, Edinburgh Napier University student talking about his research on “Design of a Solar Sourced, Electrically Powered Rickshaw”
- Keith Alcock, Edinburgh Napier University student talking about his research on “The thermal management of Lithium-ion batteries using foam material”
There will also be vehicles on display outside the Rivers Suite. Kia will showcase the e-Niro which was awarded car of the year and VW will showcase the e-Golf. Exhibition stands will be on display in the Chapel and foyer area. SWARCO, Peddlesmart, Electric Cycle Company and Co-Wheels Car Club have confirmed they will have stands.
We are grateful to Transport Scotland for their continued support.
If you are interested in attending, would like to exhibit at the event or like further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0131 455 2951.