- This event has passed.
5th Annual Electric Vehicle Event
9 October 2019£20 – £40
The University will hold its 5th Annual Electric Vehicle Event at our Craiglockhart campus on 9 October.
Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity will give the keynote address, while vehicles on display will include Kia’s e-Niro, car of the year, and VW’s e-Golf.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andy Robinson, Head of ULEV delivery, Transport Scotland
- Björn Hasselgren, Senior Advisor at the Swedish Transport Administration, who will speak about the electric road programme
- Ellie Grebenik, Senior Programme Manager, Scottish Transport, Energy Saving Trust, on the e-bike grant fund scheme
- James McKemey, Head of Insights, PodPoint, the UK’s leading provider of electric vehicle charging
- Jonathan Cowie, School of Engineering and the Built Environment, on the SURFLOGH project
- Colin Cochrane, Edinburgh Napier student, on his research on “Design of a Solar Sourced, Electrically Powered Rickshaw”
- Keith Alcock, Edinburgh Napier student talking about his research on “The thermal management of Lithium-ion batteries using foam material”
Exhibition stands will include SWARCO, Peddlesmart, Electric Cycle Company, EVA Scotland and Co-Wheels Car Club.
If you are interested in attending, would like to exhibit at the event or like further information, email email@example.com or call 0131 455 2951.