Together with CIMSPA and our employer partners, the School of Applied Sciences is developing a vibrant, UK-wide sport and physical activity sector (this includes a focused development board in Scotland), with the highest standards of service delivery now reflected in six professional standard endorsements for Edinburgh Napier’s BSc Physical Activity & Health.
What our BSc Physical Activity & Health is endorsed for:
- CIMSPA professional standard – gym instructor
- CIMSPA professional standard – personal trainer
- CIMSPA professional standard – working with people with long-term conditions
- CIMSPA professional standard – health navigator
- CIMSPA professional standard – safeguarding and protecting children
- CIMSPA professional standard – safeguarding adults and adults at risk
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector, committed to supporting, developing and enabling professionals and organisations to succeed and, as a result, inspire our nation to become more active.
What does this mean our students can do … and what about their employability?
- As well as a science degree that focuses on physical activity and health, students are provided with all the knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet minimum deployment standards in the health and fitness industry.
- The professional standards have been developed in conjunction with employers and technical experts in order to match the demands of the role within the workplace.
- As such, our CIMSPA endorsement for the professional standards detailed above, means that our program contains all the required learning and development requirements for competency in a role in the health and fitness industry.