Since it’s getting warmer here in the burgh I thought it was a good idea to write a blog post about some good free attractions that can make your staying in Edinburgh even more enjoyable!
Are you ready?
- Climb Arthur’s Seat (and before doing that, watch One Day ;))
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Walk up to Calton Hill
- Walk the Water of Leith (The Water of Leith is a small river that winds its way, mostly unseen right through the middle of Edinburgh. The walk along it offers you a really different view of the city and brings a touch of peace away from the bustle of the city center streets. Website)
- Enjoy a day in Portobello Beach
- Walk down to the Scottish Parliament and the House of Holyrood
- Enjoy a picnic in the Meadows
- Take a picture with Greyfriars’ Bobby
- Relax in the Princes Street Gardens
- Find and spit on the Heart on the Royal Mile (it’s Good Luck!!Check out the Heart of Midlothian)
- Visit the tartan factory near the castle. Website
- Churches and Cathedrals
Also, for rainy days:
- The National Galleries in Princes Street
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery
- The National Museum of Scotland
- The Writers’ Museum
- Museum of Childhood
- Dynamic Earth
- Camera Obscura
- Surgeons Hall Museum
- Tour the Scottish Parliament
And during the festival, don’t miss out the many free events happening around the city!
If you’d like to know more about all these attractions check out these links:
I hope this was helpful, and be ready to enjoy the beautiful Edinburgh!