Our aim is to encourage and support the next generation of exceptional lawyers. Men and women. Whatever race, religion, or orientation. Every student has the potential to succeed.
We are more than just a student Law Review or a Law Society. We are the connection between university and the legal industry. We are the link between you and your future career. Your career starts with us. We work to bring you closer to the profession with insights, events, and speakers in areas of law that you have an interest in, not what is easiest for us to organise.
Membership is open to all matriculated students at Edinburgh Napier University; both law and non-law students. However, if you are a student at another educational institute and you wish to become a member of the Law Review, please get in touch and our Editor-in-Cheif will register your membership.
Membership benefits include:
- Instant access to all new content and automatic entry to all competitions
- Opportunities to participate in oral debates and workshops hosted by the Law Review
- Network and connect with legal professionals and trainees in the industry
- 10% discount to any social events hosted by the Law Review
- Frequent blogs and articles with brilliant tips and guidance that all students need to know
- Read and watch exclusive interviews with lawyers and trainees
- Regular commercial awareness updates and deadlines for opportunities that you cannot miss
- Publication of your articles on our website to boost CV and employability
- General advice on legal careers and academic issues working in association with members of the careers team at Napier
- The opportunity to stand in election for a role in the Law Review team
- Benefit from the Law Review Mentoring Scheme (for first-year and final-year students)
- And much more!
How to join us
To become a member of the Law Review, all you have to do is complete the application form which can be accessed here. The following list contains the information required to complete the application:
- Full Name
- Year of Study
- Uni and Personal Email (indicate which one you prefer to be contacted by)
- Area(s) of Law you are interested in
- What we can do to help you. E.g., what workshops would be most helpful to you? What tips would you like to know? Who would you like us to interview? (optional)
If you have any questions or want to find out more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a part of our ambitious team
Being a part of the Law Review is an excellent opportunity to develop valuable skills, boost your CV, help fellow students, and be a part of a diverse, ambitious team. Do not miss out!
You can apply for a position on the Editorial Board at the end of an academic year by filling out the application form found here. However, if you have an idea of a role that is not listed but you think would be a useful addition to the Editorial Board, please let us know at email@example.com stating how you will utilise that role to better the Law Review.