Muna Ali

I am a PhD student here at Napier, as well as a tutor on some psychology modules. I have recently presented my work through a poster at the UK Creativity Conference and am a current PGR representative for the school of applied sciences where I see to student experiences and try to ease communication between staff and student. I am currently working planning the SAS PGR conference.

My research surrounds a topic called malevolent creativity, which can be defined as utilising creativity with the intention to cause harm. While malevolent creativity as a phenomenon is being substantially investigated, the psychological mechanisms behind malevolent creativity have been largely left unstudied primarily due to indecision in the field on how to best measure and test malevolent creativity. As well as this, there is a lack of research concerning possible predictors of malevolent creativity which creates many problems for researchers as it demonstrates how little is known about the factors that might lead to malevolent creativity being exhibited. These topics will be analysed using quantitative data and statistical software such as R or SPSS.

Supervision Team: DOS – Dr Rory MacLean, Secondary Supervisor – Dr Lindsey Carruthers