Expert panel and discussion in the Confor Seminar programme at the APF exhibition
Confirmed panellists: Adrian Campbell (Change Building), Dan Ridley-Ellis (Napier University), Jez Ralph (Timber Strategies), Gary Newman (Woodlandknowledge Wales)
“Anything that you get from a barrel of oil, you can get from a tree”. 100 years ago the Forestry Commission was formed to develop a strategic reserve of timber, and in particular to grow “pit props” for the mining of coal. What trees should we be growing now, to deliver the maximum value for UK plc?
Suggested questions for the panel discussion:
1. What future products might we get from trees, from Cross Laminated Timber to nano-cellulose?
• What does this mean for traditional forest product based industries?
• How do we balance production or should we leave it to the market?
2. What does this mean for forest management and species choice?
3. Who is scanning the horizon for new ideas and development?
• How do we keep the UK industry informed and quick to react to new demands and opportunities? Or should foresters just focus on growing timber …
Copyright © 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes