(Poster) Seeking professional recognition: applying the case study of the development of the Board of Examiners online course

Katrina Swanton (Student & Academic Services)

[View Poster]

The poster will build upon the case study I used to achieve Accredited Membership of the Association of University Administrators in December 2013, and which I also used within my recent AFHEA application through ENRoute (submitted March 2014), and as such is relevant to the themes of the conference around professional recognition.

The poster will examine the project I undertook to develop an online course within Moodle to deliver the mandatory professional development course for Clerks and Convenors of Boards of Examiners at Edinburgh Napier through two lenses.

One will show how I was able to map the AUA’s professional behaviours to the project to successfully achieve Accredited AUA membership status. The second will show how I could take the same project and this time map it against the dimensions of practice within the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) to apply for Associate Fellowship of the HEA through ENRoute.

<< back to list of Poster Presentations