Free online workshop from Equate Scotland and Women into Tech as part of Ada Scotland Festival 2022.
Wednesday 19th October, 12:30 to 13:30, online.
This workshop is for women studying towards or thinking about a career in tech and/or wanting to move into an inclusive work environment.
Looking at both the opportunities and challenges for women in the tech industry, we will explore ways to build more inclusive workplaces and why this is particularly relevant and important in the tech industry. We will try to envision what our ideal organisation look like and provide you with tools and tips to build on this vision. This workshop is also an opportunity to meet with like-minded women, and find ways to navigate change in a constantly evolving workplace.
This workshop will support you to:
- Understand the barriers women may face when studying or working in tech
- Understand the importance of creating more diverse and inclusive workplaces
- Recognise non-inclusive environments or situations at work
- Envision how you want the future of work to look like
- Identify ways to enhance change and create a more inclusive tech sector