The Lions’ Gate is a unique, innovative and imaginative, urban, permaculture-inspired outdoor laboratory based at Edinburgh Napier University’s Merchiston Campus providing – research, garden, allotment, venue, performance, re-wilding, and relaxation space for the local community. It’s also a Permaculture ScotLAND (Learning, Activity, Network & Demonstration) centre.
Here, students, staff, local and international communities can safely;
- explore and design solutions to the environmental concerns of our age
- immerse in nature for restorative health
- investigate the impact of digital technology on the environment
- learn how to grow, nurture, and harvest natural abundance
- think globally, act locally
- share knowledge
- have fun
In a nutshell, The Lions’ Gate is an inclusive regenerative gardens project that seeks to ‘create the right conditions for people to empower themselves’ [Graham Bell].
UN Sustainable Development Goals
The Lions’ Gate has signed the SDG Accord to advance the critical role that education has in delivering the SDGs and the value it brings to governments, business and wider society, making a commitment via my learning institution to deliver the goals.