The Lions’ Gate is an imaginative, urban, permaculture habitat based at Edinburgh Napier University’s Merchiston Campus providing – garden, allotment, outdoor laboratory, venue, performance, re-wilding, and relaxation space.
The onset of the pandemic has highlighted the immediate need for outdoor places that inspire and protect. Here, students, staff, local and international communities can safely;
- explore solutions to the environmental concerns of our age
- immerse in nature for restorative health
- investigate the impact of digital technology on the environment
- learn how to grow, nurture, and harvest natural abundance
- think globally, act locally
- share knowledge
- have fun
In a nutshell, The Lions’ Gate is an inclusive regenerative gardens project that seeks to ‘create the right conditions for people to empower themselves’ [Graham Bell].
UN Sustainable Development Goals
The Lions’ Gate has signed the SDG Accord to advance the critical role that education has in delivering the SDGs and the value it brings to governments, business and wider society, making a commitment via my learning institution to deliver the goals.