- This event has passed.
Global Challenge Research Funding Workshop – 6th March 2019
6 March 2019 @ 9.00am - 4.30pm
If you are thinking of applying for any GCRF in the near future, please sign up here for this internal workshop 6th March 2019. This will be a valuable opportunity to get advice on how to write a fundable GCRF proposal from a GCRF panelist.
Some details of the workshop below
Whether you are experienced or new to working in these contexts, this workshop will give you the opportunity to think about how you can do research that delivers Official Development Assistance (ODA) and lasting impacts.
• Get advice on how to write a fundable GCRF proposal from a GCRF panelist
• Explore evidence-based principles to underpin the development of GCRF impact summaries, pathways to impact, ODA statements and Theories of Change
• Learn how to use tools for identifying international partners, stakeholders and publics, and identifying potential impacts, showing how a Theory of Change can be constructed from the bottom-up, based on impact goals identified in-country
• Discover tools that can enable GCRF teams to track planned impacts as well as opportunistic impacts as they arise. You have the opportunity to review eight different approaches to designing an evaluation and then in small groups design your own impact evaluation
• Finally, you consider how to manage meetings with international (including non-academic) partners and workshops with stakeholders and publics that are efficient and enjoyable. You learn easy-to-use tools to manage power dynamics and deal with difficult individuals and situations, so you can lead with confidence with no training or experience.
The workshop is delivered in 4 session. The morning sessions are open to all (50), whereas the afternoon session is restricted to 30 places (this will be on first come, first serve bases. If interested in attending the afternoon session, please confirm in your booking notes or by contacting email@example.com)
Open Session 1: How to write a fundable GCRF application
• Introduction: ODA compliant research – a new way of working
• Discussion: what is impact – for Overseas Development Assistance (ODA)?
• Presentation: How to write a fundable GCRF proposal
• Fast Track Impact GCRF resources
Open Session 2: Planning for impact
• 5 ways ensure your GCRF research delivers impact
• Identifying who might be interested in, benefit from or facilitate/block your research
o Stakeholder analysis exercise (individually or in pairs)
o Partnership building for future GCRF bids
• Planning for impact: introduction to Fast Track Impact template and Theory of Change
• What makes a good pathway to impact underpinning ODA in a GCRF proposal?
Masterclass 1: Evidencing impact
• Impact tracking – sharing good practice
• Design an impact evaluation (including small group exercise to design an evaluation)
Masterclass 2: Designing and facilitating meetings/workshops with partners & stakeholders
Designing and facilitating partnership meetings and workshops with stakeholders that are easy to facilitate, efficient and enjoyable.