Edinburgh Napier University is pleased to be partnering with Queen Margaret University to co-host a free, in-person, career planning workshop session for early career researchers and academics at the Conference Suite of Queen Margaret University on 22 November 2022.
What’s your career plan?
Aimed at early career researchers and academics, this full-day, in-person workshop will explore career planning.
Early career researchers and academics will have the opportunity to explore different career routes; evaluate your own skills; and learn how to prepare for a job search. The workshop will also consider developing your CV and tips for dealing with interviews, and will involve group work, alongside time for individual reflection.
Topics covered include:
- Decision making and the WRAP framework
- Career timelines and values
- Exploring example career routes
- Skills evaluation
- How to approach a job search (including real time job search)
- Top tips on CVs, applications and interviews
When and where?
- 09:30 – 16:00, Tuesday, 22 November 2022
- The Conference Suite, Queen Margaret University, Queen Margaret University Way, Musselburgh EH21 6UU