Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund – Next Generation Services Challenge
The objective of the Next Generation Services Challenge is to maintain the UK’s leadership in global high-value services by developing a targeted approach to support R&D in the emerging new technologies based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the data economy.
Up to £20M of funding will be made available through three calls:
1. Research Programme (application value up to £1.25M)
2. Small R&D projects (application value up to £400K)
3. Large Consortia R&D projects (application value £2-4M)
The Research Programme call was announced on 18 May with the other two calls to follow on 18 June. Further information on the Next Generation Services Challenge can be found in the slides from the recent meetings – https://esrc.ukri.org/funding/funding-opportunities/iscf-next-generation-services-research-programme/. Details on the open Research Programme call can be found at the same link.
This is a ‘Pioneer’ initiative that will focus in the first instance on the accountancy, legal services and insurance industries. This focus is intended to inform future investment in the wider Next Generation Services Challenge.
Briefing events on the Collaborative R&D calls will take place in June, including an event in Edinburgh on 21 June. The briefing event will include:
• an opportunity to hear about the objectives and scope of the CR&D programme
• an opportunity to learn how to get involved in the CR&D programme
• opportunities to network and develop ideas and partnerships for the competitions
• an opportunity to meet with UKRI, KTN and wider stakeholders.
Registration details can be found here – https://ktn-uk.co.uk/events/iscf-next-generation-services-challenge-crd-competition-briefing-london. There are limited places so please register asap.