Edinburgh Napier University hosted the second U!REKA conference at the Royal Society of Edinburgh between the 20th and 22nd of November of 2017.
The conference welcomed over 100 academics and professional services staff from all partners for a series of workshops and presentations of relevance to all institutions. The academic conference saw presentations from all partners as well as Schools on live and completed research projects focused on five key themes:
- Urban Displacement, Migration and Refugees
- Health and Wellbeing in Urban Environments
- Smart Cities
- Sustainable Development
The professional services staff follow-on conference welcomed staff working towards the key objectives of the consortium:
- Coordinator's Group: responsible for coordinating activities related to U!REKA
- Joint Degree: responsible for developing proposals for possible joint degrees between our institutions
- Student and staff mobility: responsible for developing new and existing opportunities for staff and students to have experiences at other partners
- Research and Funding: responsible to target key funding programmes and submit joint research bids.
More information on the conference as well abstracts and presentations may be found on the external U!REKA website here.