Carlos Moedas, European Commissioner for Research and Innovation said, in a lecture at the Royal Society of Edinburgh on Monday night, that we should not give up on Europe and we should keep applying. He told the audience that to give up would make the arguments to withdraw altogether easier.
This encouraging advice directly from the EC, on top of the UK Government guarantee to fund any successful project submitted up until the proposed point of our departure from the EU, should give us confidence to apply. Commissioner Moedas also emphasised the many benefits of cross European research collaboration, beyond the funding and the huge benefits to the whole scientific and wider community, of participation. He further advised that there is a clear message from other Member States that they want to continue working with partners in the UK
The Horizon 2020 2018-2020 Work Programmes have now been pre-published. These should be officially adopted at the end of October when they will be loaded onto the EC Participant Portal. Below are links to some of the pre-published work programmes.
Contact your Research and Innovation Manager in RIO, as soon as you can about any proposal you have in mind, or if you want to find out more about EU funding. Keep in touch with your networks and contacts, here and in Europe, to make sure you can add your expertise to any bid being planned in your area, or find partners for projects which you plan to lead.
- Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies, DRAFT Introduction published
- Societal Challenge 1, DRAFT work programme published (Health, demographic change and wellbeing)
- Societal Challenge 2, DRAFT work programme published (Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry, Marine, Maritime and Inland Water Research and the Bioeconomy)
- Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy , DRAFT work programme published
- Societal Challenge 4, DRAFT work programme published (Smart, Green and Integrated Transport)
- Societal Challenge 5, DRAFT work programme published (Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials)
- Societal Challenge 6, DRAFT work programme published (Europe in a changing world – Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies)