It is Dyslexia awareness week in the UK, and we are here to guide and increase visibility to people all over the world!
But what is dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a lifelong learning difficulty that can affect communication, learning, reading, and writing.
You may be able to spot signs of this such as inconsistent spelling, sequencing, and order of words. As Dyslexia isn’t visible, individuals with dyslexia can often feel unsupported and may struggle with their mental health.
What support is there?
There are many supportive resources for Dyslexia, here are just some examples below:
- Technological aids (assistive technology) can include Text-to-Speech, recorders, software, and audiobooks.
- British Dyslexia Association Helpline on 0333 405 4567
- Support groups e.g. https://www.helenarkell.org.uk/event/dyslexia-support-group.php
- Education (events and webinars) https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/events/category/webinar, https://dyslexiaida.org/webinars/
- Speak to people you trust and feel comfortable with- dyslexia is nothing to be ashamed of!
- Mental health hubs https://hubofhope.co.uk/
You can find more information on Dyslexia in the links below:
Please share your comments and thoughts with us!