Version  
Edinburgh Napier University Research Consent Form
Nurse perceptions of potential occupational exposure to cytotoxic drugs study
Edinburgh Napier University requires that all persons who participate in research studies give their written consent to do so. Please read the following and sign it if you agree with what it says.
- I freely and voluntarily consent to be a participant in the research project on the topic of nurses perceptions of potential occupational exposure to cytotoxic drugs study to be conducted by Dr Karen Campbell, who is an staff member at Edinburgh Napier University.
- The broad goal of this research study is to explore what your thoughts and feelings are about your perception and experience of being a cancer nurse that has handled and administered cytotoxic drugs. Specifically, I have been asked to undertake an interview], which should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete.
- I have been told that my responses will be anonymised. My name will not be linked with the research materials, and I will not be identified or identifiable in any report subsequently produced by the researcher.
- I also understand that if at any time during the interview that I feel unable or unwilling to continue, I am free to leave. That is, my participation in this study is completely voluntary, and I may withdraw from it without negative consequences. However, after data has been anonymised or after publication of results it will not be possible for my data to be removed as it would be untraceable at this point.
- In addition, should I not wish to answer any particular question or questions, I am free to decline.
- I have been given the opportunity to ask questions regarding the interview and my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
- I have read and understand the above and the participant information sheet (version 3 dated 041022) and consent to participate in this study. My signature is not a waiver of any legal rights. Furthermore, I understand that I will be able to keep a copy of the informed consent form for my records.
Participant’s Signature Date
I have explained and defined in detail the research procedure in which the respondent has consented to participate. Furthermore, I will retain one copy of the informed consent form for my records.