RSS

Being an International Student in Edinburgh

22 Nov

Oh my, I look like a baby here!

Hi lads and lassies out there!

Here I am again. This week I thought I could tell you a little more about myself and how I ended up to study here in Edinburgh.
I was born in Italy 22 years ago (Veneto is my homebase) and I’ve always dreamt of living abroad to improve my language skills and experience a completely new cultural environment. Now, you may argue that Europe is Europe and so cultures are not that different from each other…….well, I would say that probably differences are not like Western-Eastern countries, but believe me: what I found here was very different from what I was used to. Was I happy? Yes. Edinburgh is simply amazing.

Inside Craiglockhart

Given my aspiration to study abroad after high school, I started looking into UK universities and when I stumbled upon Edinburgh Napier website I immediately thought “oh gosh that’s it”. Seriously. I saw pictures of Craighouse and Craiglockhart campuses and I thought “I want to study there!”. Given my interest in communications and media I looked into comms-related degrees and I found my current course, which is Communications, Advertising & Public Relations (CAPR). After almost four years, I can gladly say that I’m very happy with it and now, close to my graduation, I have this bittersweet feeling at the idea of completing my studies at Napier. I can’t wait to start working in the field I love, but at the same time my time spent in Edinburgh will always be the best time of my life. There’s no doubt about it. Beautiful city, great university, remarkable opportunities and new friends from all over the world: Heaven 🙂

ADVICE OF THE WEEK: If you happen to be in this same situation (looking for a degree in Edinburgh), check out the requirements to be accepted at Napier – different countries might have different requirements as different nations have different standards.

See you next week!

Carlotta

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

One Response to Being an International Student in Edinburgh