RSS

-1 week to Graduation: What’s next?

20 Jun
Credits to: https://www.facebook.com/EdinburghNapierUniversity

One week to go. ONE WEEK TO GO! This does not even sound real! My friends and family are gonna join me from Italy, Scotland and US and I truly can’t believe this moment is almost here. Everything is ready: my gown, photography and evening buffet for my guests. I feel excited just thinking about next week, but at the same time I have that bittersweet feeling that makes me realise that I’m gonna have to leave both Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier. This makes me so sad I can’t even explain! However, I’m sure I’ll always keep in touch through the Alumni community, which kind of makes me feel better 🙂

As many of you are (or will be) in my same situation very soon, I reckon you are going through my same concerns:

• What’s next
  • What do to
  • Where to start
  • How to proceed with my life

Well, I don’t think these are easy questions and I don’t think they can be answered quickly, either. However, I recently wrote a blog post about ‘having a goal’ and its benefit in terms of getting to what you want more quickly (even f you don’t really know what you want to do yet!).
You can find the blog post here and this is an abstract just to make you understand what I’m talking about:

One Guy's Journey Blog

One Guy’s Journey Blog

So I don’t think you should worry too much about getting something as soon as possible, rather try to concentrate on what you’re good at and what your passions are in order to identify your best job prospect. As for me, as I previously mentioned I’m going to become a student of Lund University as I’ll be undertaking a master in Int’l Marketing & Brand Management. I am so glad Edinburgh Napier prepared me for such experience and I can safely say that I’d do it all over again starting from tomorrow. I simply loved my years here in Edinburgh and all the experiences the University offered me. I grabbed them with both hands and I hope you’ll do that too because you won’t ever forget this experience.

graduation 2011

Roll on graduation next week, AHHH!!! 😀

Carlotta x

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,