The key upcoming dates in 2017 for staff that support timetabling are:
- 24 March Module Teaching/Timetabling Requirements and Staff Availability forms are due from academic staff
- 27 March to 31 March Week away from the office to input timetable data and set up activity templates
- 26/27 April Staff training on student/planning sets
- 25 April to 5 June Module timetable scheduled
You can also find more information on dates and timelines on the Timeline page.
Timetable Requirements Gathering Process
The information required to populate the trimester 1 2017/18 timetable should now be collected from academic staff using the new Module Teaching/Timetabling Requirements, Staff Availability and Service Request forms. The Module Teaching/Timetabling Requirements forms for trimester 1 2017/18 have been pre-populated with basic module information. Academic staff should collect theirs from the School Office.
Blank copies of these forms can be downloaded from the links below:
- Module Teaching/Timetabling Requirements – Blank Form
- Staff Availability – Blank Form
- Service Request – Blank Form
The list of activities and definitions to use in timetabling can be found here: Activity Types and Definitions.
Staff training has been provided on Syllabus Plus and new functionality required to deliver individual student timetables. The training has so far covered:
- Introduction to Syllabus Plus (how to use this timetabling software)
- Introduction to Enterprise Timetabler (how to use this timetabling software)
- Activity Templates (the key functionality to create individual timetables by linking individual students to activities)
You can find training documentation on the myTimetable SharePoint site here: Training Documents
The next set of training is scheduled for the end of April 2017 and will cover student/planning sets.