From the 28th to the 30th April, The Centre will be hosting a training school in modelling of timber structures for COST Action FP1004.
The course will cover:
- Finite element modelling (FEM) of moisture stresses and deformations
- Modelling of 2D and 3D timber truss systems
- The dynamic and static modelling of timber and timber concrete floors using FEM
- Probabilistic assessment of timber properties via non-destructive measurement
and the trainers are
- Sigurdur Ormarsson (formally Technical University of Denmark now Linnaeus University in Sweden)
- Kay-Uwe Schober (Mainz University of Applied Sciences)
- Alfredo Dias (University of Coimbra)
- Dan Ridley-Ellis (Edinburgh Napier University) (local host)
Trainees are early stage researchers representing 17 different countries. For more information, visit the training school’s blog site.